Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Yes....Another Deval Patrick Scandal-Thingy

I want to have one week where Governor Deval Patrick isn't involved in something ridiculous. It is truly the gift that keeps on giving:

Facing another withering controversy, Gov. Deval Patrick apologized yesterday for intervening in a financial deal involving an embattled mortgage lender - a mea culpa that came as the Herald learned that the Ameriquest official who requested his help was also a campaign donor.

Patrick made a phone call to a top Citigroup official at the urging of Adam Bass, a top Ameriquest lawyer who gave a maximum $500 donation to Patrick’s campaign in February 2006, financial records show. Patrick previously served as a director for the mortgage company, which has faced accusations of predatory lending.

The governor’s intervention occurred despite a January memo approved by Patrick that warned administration officials of potential conflicts when dealing with ACC Capital, the firm that owns Ameriquest and employs Bass.

And so the apologies keep on coming....


“Even though I made this call solely as a former board member . . . I appreciate that I should not have made the call,” Patrick said. “I regret the mistake.”

That's Deval-Speak for "I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did it anyways. So sorry....I guess".

Here's the full story from the Boston Herald

No comments: